Sunday, March 21, 2010

just something

I can't remember where I got this from (it most likely was sent to me by a fellow artists [Sudak] who sends me a lot of un-ignorable things.  This little conversation was from an interview of Gerhard Richter on his art and his opinion of art.  Though it bares no specific correlation to the themes of my IP, I think it is still relevant.  It struck me suddenly now (instead of whenever it was he sent this) because I [we] am graduating in 6 weeks. We cannot call ourselves art students anymore, we [if we so chose] are now artists, and there's an interesting conundrum between creating and selling.  Creating work, and creating as a job- providing for yourself, via your art.  There is no solution, and Im not going to be silly enough to even offer an opinion about that, I just like what Richter says:









No comments:

Post a Comment